- Represented Valley Minerals, a portfolio company of Lewis & Clark Capital, in the sale to Mississippi Lime Company, a portfolio company of HBM Holdings.
- Valley Minerals is a manufacturer of dolomitic lime products that are primarily sold to steel producers in the Midwest and South-Central United States.
- Mississippi Lime Company produces and supplies calcium products, such calcium oxide/quicklime and calcium hydroxide/hydrated lime, to customers in North America and internationally. Its serves the chemical manufacturing, construction, environmental, flue gas treatment, food, glass and fiberglass, paint and ink, paper, plastics and rubber, steel and metal, water treatment markets.
- Lewis & Clark Capital was exploring the sale of the business in accordance with their regular portfolio management.
- Mississippi Lime Company emerged as the ultimate buyer due to a vast number of product, geographic, and operating synergies.
Drivers of Interest
Read Press Release
- Strategic location near multiple steel mills.
- Dolomitic lime chemistry ideally suited for use in steel production.
- Strong, long-term relationships with steel producing customers.
- Recent significant investments in capital equipment.
- Favorable transportation and shipping capabilities.
- Secure and reliable limestone supply from neighboring quarry.