- Represented Portu-Sunberg Marketing (“PSM” or the “Company”) in its sale to Brass Ring Capital.
- PSM is a full-service sales and marketing firm that represents consumer product companies in their interactions with retailers.
- PSM provides a broad range of advisory and support services for sales and pricing, merchandising, product design and packaging, inventory analysis, market research and competitive analysis.
- PSM’s clients include nationally branded product lines as well as a wide variety of middle-market manufacturers of branded and private-label products across 40+ product categories including seasonal, back-to-school, home décor, cards and party, sporting goods, health and beauty aids, toys, and snacks – PSM’s clients benefit from its strong customer contacts within Target and other key retailers.
- PSM had proven success of expanding retailer relationships. The company had recently added offices in Chicago and Toronto which provided cross-selling opportunities between locations.
- PSM was owned by two owner-operators that were also top revenue producers for the Company. They wanted to stay active in the business – they still enjoyed the work; however, each of them wanted cash proceeds to diversify net worth. More importantly, they wanted a partner that would help drive the company to the next level.