- Represented Mill City Capital, L.P. (“Mill City”) on the sale of its portfolio company Griffin Gear, Inc. (“Griffin Gear”) to Gen Cap America, Inc. (“Gen Cap”).
- Griffin Gear repairs and rebuilds complex industrial gearboxes that are critical to the operation of process equipment and production lines in highly demanding applications. The Company also provides field service work that includes gear and gearbox inspections, routine maintenance, and onsite repair.
- Client was looking to provide liquidity to stockholders after a period of strong organic growth.
Drivers of Interest
- Leading gearbox rebuilder in the Southeast region.
- Strong manufacturing expertise in aftermarket replacement gears.
- Strong, stable, and highly-profitable financial performance.
- High barriers to competitive entry.
- Diverse, growing end markets.
- Experienced management team.
- Skilled, long-term, and reliable workforce.
- Multiple growth opportunities with a new partner.