- Represented Bodybuilding.com (or the “Company”) in its sale to Milestone Partners.
- Founded in 1999, Bodybuilding.com is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplements and fitness-related products targeting fitness enthusiasts. The Company has demonstrated tremendous growth since its founding and is well positioned to capitalize on favorable industry trends and continue rapid, profitable growth.
- The Company operates www.bodybuilding.com through which it provides expert nutrition and fitness advice and sells an extensive line of nutritional supplements, including its proprietary Higher Power brand, as well as equipment and apparel.
- Milestone recognized the value of the company’s brand and business model which expertly combines exciting, relevant content with a comprehensive and easy to use online store.
- The Company’s loyal, online, “enthusiast” community made up primarily of men 18-34 years old drove Bodybuilding.com’s growth and established it as a leader within its industry.
- Milestone and other potential buyers liked the Company’s opportunity to broaden its demographics to women and middle-aged men through Bodybuilding.com and other domain names.
- Bodybuilding.com’s founder and management team remained in place and retained a significant equity stake in the business going forward.