- Represented BCGlobal (“BCG”), a division of Bryant Christie Inc. (“BCI”), in its sale to FoodChain ID, a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners.
- BCGoffers a suite of database subscription services delivering timely knowledge of the current global regulatory requirements impacting the trade of food, beverage, and agricultural products.
- FoodChain ID is a leading global provider of technology-enabled food safety, quality and sustainability solutions that address challenges and opportunities in the rapidly evolving food industry. It serves more than 30,000 customers in over 100 countries with a market-leading portfolio of testing, inspection, certification, and compliance solutions. .
- BCG was created out of BCI, a consulting and advisory company focused on regulatory trades issues, after client demand for an agricultural regulatory intelligence database.
- The shareholders of BCI were seeking to find a new partner to drive growth for the BCG business unit, while maintaining the original BCI business.
- FoodChain ID, a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners, ultimately prevailed as a result of value, cultural fit, and speed and certainty to close.
Drivers of Interest
Read Press Release
- The “Gold Standard” in superior data quality.
- Meticulous, value-oriented data collection and curation process.
- Breadth of product set, and a reliant blue-chip customer base.
- Mission-critical value proposition to an array of end market segments.