- Represented Alkota Cleaning Systems, Inc., a portfolio company of Spell Capital Partners, in its sale to Bradford Equities Management (“BEM”).
- Alkota Cleaning Systems, Inc. (www.alkota.com) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of commercial-grade pressure washers, washer parts, and water heaters.
- At the time of our engagement, Alkota was controlled by Spell Capital Partners, a mid-market private equity group. The company’s senior managers were minority shareholders.
- The end users of Alkota’s products include cleaning contractors and corporate users in the energy, construction, transportation, industrial, and agriculture sectors which diversified the company’s revenue stream.
- BEM had recently acquired a manufacturer of floor cleaning equipment used in big box retail and industrial spaces. The acquisition of Alkota offered multiple synergies including sourcing and cross-selling opportunities. BEM saw an opportunity to grow both companies – organically and through add-on acquisitions – in partnership with Alkota’s CEO and CFO, both of whom remained with the company and maintained equity stakes going forward.